From: James Lockie <bjlockie@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install with no network
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:46:16
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 16 July 2006 22:54, James Lockie wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm trying to install without network connectivity.
5 >> I got to the point in the install guide where it says to emerge a kernel.
6 >> I can't emerge anything because I'm not on the network.
7 >> HELP
10 > Well, you could install from a stage 3 CD but you will never be able to
11 > upgrade anything without network. Gentoo is pretty much a "network
12 > distribution". You seem to be out of luck.
13 >
14 > On the other hand, how did you send your email without *any* network access?
15 >
16 > Uwe
17
18 I will have network access AFTER I compile the madwifi driver for my
19 wireless card.
20 I want to complete a Gentoo install without the network.
21
22 PS!
23 I dual boot to Windoze (where everything sucks but works :-)).
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list