From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install with no network
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:43:13
1 On 16 July 2006 22:54, James Lockie wrote:
2 > I'm trying to install without network connectivity.
3 > I got to the point in the install guide where it says to emerge a kernel.
4 > I can't emerge anything because I'm not on the network.
5 > HELP
6
7 Well, you could install from a stage 3 CD but you will never be able to
8 upgrade anything without network. Gentoo is pretty much a "network
9 distribution". You seem to be out of luck.
10
11 On the other hand, how did you send your email without *any* network access?
12
13 Uwe
16 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
17 http://www.SysEx.com.na
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list