From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How often -uD world?
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:55:00
1 > As mentioned yesterday, I now do all emerges in a chroot on my desktop to
2 > build binary packages, then emerge -k on the Eee, so Ooo only takes 90
3 > minutes now. The only compiling I do on the Eee is kernel changes.
4
5 I've decided to give your method a whirl. Are you talking about distcc
6 here? That would require a gcc upgrade on the desktop to match the
7 Eee's, no?
8
9 Can you cite a howto or tutorial for your method? Or, perhaps flesh it
10 out with a few more details.
11
12 Maxim