From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] gcc build fails during emerge system on new 64-bit install
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:34:21
1 This is my first attempt at 64-bit mode. I have a shiny new Intel i3
2 with 8 gigs ram on an MSI motherboard. I got it custom-built locally in
3 north Toronto, rather than ordering from Dell. The MSI motherboard has
4 PS/2 ports (YES!!!) so I don't have to tearfully throw away my genuine
5 IBM PS/2 "clickety-clack" keyboard. I selected the profile...
6
7 default/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
8
9 ...to go whole-hog 64-bit. Does leaving IA32_EMULATION on cause a
10 problem?
11
12 #
13 # Executable file formats / Emulations
14 #
15 CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
16 CONFIG_COMPAT_BINFMT_ELF=y
17 CONFIG_CORE_DUMP_DEFAULT_ELF_HEADERS=y
18 # CONFIG_HAVE_AOUT is not set
19 CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
20 CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION=y
21 # CONFIG_IA32_AOUT is not set
22 CONFIG_COMPAT=y
23 CONFIG_COMPAT_FOR_U64_ALIGNMENT=y
24 CONFIG_SYSVIPC_COMPAT=y
25 CONFIG_NET=y
26 CONFIG_COMPAT_NETLINK_MESSAGES=y
27
28 I've attached the tail-end of the build log file of gcc-4.4.3-r2, as
29 well as output from "emerge --info" and "emerge -pqv". I have a quite
30 conservative make.conf. Any ideas about the problem, or even better, a
31 solution?
34 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>

log.txt text/plain
pqv.txt text/plain