From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replace 8TB drive with 10TB drive on encrypted LVM
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:50:50
1 Am Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 12:40:21AM -0500 schrieb Dale:
2
3 > Now to replace my /home drive which is also close to full.  It's not
4 > encrypted tho. The biggest difference in this and plain LVM, resizing
5 > with cryptsetup or close and reopen.  Keep in mind, while I did all
6 > this, LUKS, cryptsetup, whatever was open.
7
8 I recently learnt that you can encrypt an unencrypted devices on-the-fly.
9 Kinda neat. It is also resilient to hard interruptions like power-offs.
10 See man cryptsetup-reencrypt.
11
12 But if you want to replace the drive anyways, it may be faster to set up a
13 new device and rsync the files in the last step. I always use these kinds of
14 opportunities to weed out old cruft on my filesystem.
17 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
18 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
19
20 Just because I wrote a word wrong doesn’t mean that I am imcomentent.