From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:54:47
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 July 2011 23:16:21 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tuesday 05 July 2011 15:41:13 Dale wrote:>
7 >>> update your fucking drivers.>
8 >>> Seriously, no userspace app does something like this. The driver is
9 >>> broken, KDE touches the broken part and BOOM.>
10 >>> Don't blame KDE, blame nvidia.>
11 >>> And update the driver.
12 >>>
13 >> I don't think a bad video driver would cause this:
14 >> *root@fireball / # emerge -av =x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-270.41.19
15 >> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
16 >> Calculating dependencies |
17 >> !!! Invalid or corrupt dependency specification:
18 >> Invalid atom (????1), token 1
19 >> (dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.36::unxlngx, installed)
20 >> Portage is unable to process the dependencies of the 'dev-perl/Net-
21 >>
22 > SSLeay-1.36' package. In order to correct this problem, the packageshould be
23 > uninstalled, reinstalled, or upgraded. As a temporaryworkaround, the --nodeps
24 > option can be used to ignore all dependencies.For reference, the problematic
25 > dependencies can be found in the *DEPENDfiles located in '/var/db/pkg/dev-
26 > perl/Net-SSLeay-1.36/'.... done!root@fireball / #
27 >
28 >> Whatever the problems is, things are breaking. I think something in KDEis
29 >>
30 > broke, like corrupt file or some corrupt config somewhere, and it wasjust the
31 > first symptom of the problem. No matter what I try to emerge,I get errors
32 > like this.
33 >
34 >> Still think emerging a new video driver is going to help? ;-)
35 >> Dale
36 >> :-) :-)
37 >> *
38 >>
39 > kde does not corrupt /var/db and does not lock up machines.
40 >
41 > Bad video drivers do lock up machines
42 >
43 > And machines locking up are prone to damage their file systems.
47 But again, it didn't lock up until AFTER I had a power failure. That
48 was when all this started. If I hadn't had the power failure, I may not
49 have had the lock ups to begin with. The root of this problem is what I
50 am hoping to find.
51
52 Dale
53