From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Dead key on keyboard diagnostic?
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:37:49
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Benno Schulenberg [mailto:benno.schulenberg@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 31 January 2006 18:29
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Dead key on keyboard diagnostic?
8 > > Any ideas how to fix this? new map? When I boot
9 > > (2.6.14-gentoo-r6) the laptop, I get an error messge about :
10 > > System.map not found can not check symbols
11 >
12 > That is something different entirely. When you install your kernel
13 > (which normally means copying bzImage to the /boot dir) you have to
14 > copy the System.map file (from the top dir of the kernel source)
15 > along with it, although this file is really only needed when you get
16 > oopses, so the kernel is able to tell in what function it occurs.
17
18 I am also getting this on my boot script on two different boxes. It
19 started a week ago after some update world. I am about compile the
20 latest stable kernel to see if it goes away.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list