From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Need help: Filesystem (ext4) corrupted!
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 22:46:49
1 2013/9/2 walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
2
3 > On 09/02/2013 09:15 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > The rootfs and $HOME of my embedded system is stored
5 > > on a 16GB SD-card (about 5GB used, rest free). The FS
6 > > is ext4.
7 > >
8 > > Since the system hangs for unknown reasons several times
9 >
10 > Does it hang at a predictable point, like during boot, or poweroff?
11 >
12 > I know almost nothing about SD cards (yet). Do they develop bad
13 > blocks like other storage media? I notice fsck.ext4 has a -c flag
14 > to check for bad blocks.
17 Sorry if this is obvious, but did you try to boot using, for example, a
18 live CD? Gentoo's live CD comes with a handful set of tools for quite a
19 good range of file systems, including ext4
20
21 Good luck
22 Francisco