From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Need help: Filesystem (ext4) corrupted!
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 02:39:37
1 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> [13-09-03 04:15]:
2 > 2013/9/2 walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
3 >
4 > > On 09/02/2013 09:15 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 > > > The rootfs and $HOME of my embedded system is stored
6 > > > on a 16GB SD-card (about 5GB used, rest free). The FS
7 > > > is ext4.
8 > > >
9 > > > Since the system hangs for unknown reasons several times
10 > >
11 > > Does it hang at a predictable point, like during boot, or poweroff?
12 > >
13 > > I know almost nothing about SD cards (yet). Do they develop bad
14 > > blocks like other storage media? I notice fsck.ext4 has a -c flag
15 > > to check for bad blocks.
18 > Sorry if this is obvious, but did you try to boot using, for example, a
19 > live CD? Gentoo's live CD comes with a handful set of tools for quite a
20 > good range of file systems, including ext4
21 >
22 > Good luck
23 > Francisco
24
25 This is an embedded system. See my initial posting.
26
27 Best regards,
28 mcc