From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm menu
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:53:13
1 On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 02:48:28 -0800 Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I tried Ctrl+click (any button) on an xterm window, to bring up the
3 > menu (which I never used before; after reading a recent thread about X
4 > (in)security, I was trying to access the secure mode for password
5 > entering).
6 >
7 > This crashes xterm. The logs:
8
9 On xterm-325 "secure keyboard" mode works perfectly fine for me.
10
11 Try to change font used by xterm, there are many ways to do this, I
12 prefer to put in ~/.Xresources:
13
14 xterm*faceName: DejaVu Sans Mono:style=Bold
15 xterm*faceSize: 15
16
17 Anyway, application should not crash, so if your system is
18 up-to-date (not only xterm, but Xorg, freetype and friends as well,
19 so better update all system) and bug is still here, please report
20 it on bugzilla.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Andrew Savchenko