From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:40:09
1 On Tuesday 12 April 2016 22:10:10 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 >I don't particularly like SDDM. I does not allow me to log in using just the
3 >keyboard, I always have to click into the password field after it loaded up.
4 >The field is neither active by default nor can I select it with Tab. Call it
5 >a nitpick, but even Windows lets me enter my password without a mouse. Is it
6 >a problem with my VM or can you confirm this?
7
8 I find it depends on the SDDM theme used. After the upgrade, on both systems,
9 SDDM used Maui by default, with which I had two problems: the password field never
10 started out focused, and it would always display that I had selected an English locale...
11 except the instant I press a key, it would switch to German -- apparently a UI issue :-/ .
12 I subsequently switched to the Breeze theme and haven't had any serious issues
13 since -- SDDM doesn't show my user's avatar, while the screen locker does, but that's
14 it, I think).
15
16 HTH
17 --
18 Marc Joliet
19 --
20 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
21 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup