From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:56:08
1 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tuesday 12 April 2016 22:10:10 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
4 >
5 > >I don't particularly like SDDM. I does not allow me to log in using
6 > just the
7 >
8 > >keyboard, I always have to click into the password field after it
9 > loaded up.
10 >
11 > >The field is neither active by default nor can I select it with Tab.
12 > Call it
13 >
14 > >a nitpick, but even Windows lets me enter my password without a
15 > mouse. Is it
16 >
17 > >a problem with my VM or can you confirm this?
21 > I find it depends on the SDDM theme used. After the upgrade, on both
22 > systems, SDDM used Maui by default, with which I had two problems: the
23 > password field never started out focused, and it would always display
24 > that I had selected an English locale... except the instant I press a
25 > key, it would switch to German -- apparently a UI issue :-/ . I
26 > subsequently switched to the Breeze theme and haven't had any serious
27 > issues since -- SDDM doesn't show my user's avatar, while the screen
28 > locker does, but that's it, I think).
32 > HTH
33 >
34 > --
35 >
36 > Marc Joliet
37 >
38 > --
39 >
40 > "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who
41 > know we
42 >
43 > don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup
49 If anyone is brave enough to file a bug, I can say that it doesn't focus
50 on the password here either. It selects the user but that's it. Since
51 it works on some themes and not others, makes one wonder if the theme
52 has something to do with it.
53
54 Dale
55