From: Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: problem with Tomcat auto-deploying WAR files
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:46:21
1 I've recently tried installing Tomcat in order to test out sshwebproxy
2 (http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/sshwebproxy/). However, for some
3 reason, Tomcat will not auto-deploy any WAR files that I place in the
4 webapps/ directory, as it should according to the Tomcat
5 documentation. What is interesting is that I have another computer
6 running the same version of Tomcat that does auto-deploy WAR files.
7
8 Thinking that this might be a problem with Tomcat, I also tried
9 installing another Servlet container in portage, resin. Once again, on
10 one computer resin will not auto-deploy WAR files, while it does
11 auto-deploy them on the other.
12
13 There isn't anything thrown into the Tomcat log files. OTher
14 troubleshooting steps I have tried include:
15
16 1) setting permissions on the WAR file to 777 (no effect)
17 2) setting the $CLASSPATH on each computer to the same value (no effect)
18 3) unmerging and re-emerging tomcat several times (no effect)
19
20 I really don't know any other avenues to pursue.
21
22 Thanks in advance,
23
24 Matt