From: Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: problem with Tomcat auto-deploying WAR files
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:05:01
1 On 8/17/05, Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've recently tried installing Tomcat in order to test out sshwebproxy
3 > (http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/sshwebproxy/). However, for some
4 > reason, Tomcat will not auto-deploy any WAR files that I place in the
5 > webapps/ directory, as it should according to the Tomcat
6 > documentation. What is interesting is that I have another computer
7 > running the same version of Tomcat that does auto-deploy WAR files.
8 >
9 > Thinking that this might be a problem with Tomcat, I also tried
10 > installing another Servlet container in portage, resin. Once again, on
11 > one computer resin will not auto-deploy WAR files, while it does
12 > auto-deploy them on the other.
13 >
14 > There isn't anything thrown into the Tomcat log files. OTher
15 > troubleshooting steps I have tried include:
16 >
17 > 1) setting permissions on the WAR file to 777 (no effect)
18 > 2) setting the $CLASSPATH on each computer to the same value (no effect)
19 > 3) unmerging and re-emerging tomcat several times (no effect)
20 >
21 > I really don't know any other avenues to pursue.
22 >
23 > Thanks in advance,
24 >
25 > Matt
28 I apologize for responding to my own post, but I saw this in
29 /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out on the not-working machine:
30
31 "Aug 17, 2005 1:49:22 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWARs
32 WARNING: Exception while expanding web application archive sshwebproxy.war"
33
34 Does anyone know how I can increase Tomcat's logging level so it will
35 throw more detailed information into the log file?
36
37 Matt
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list