From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: glx & dri fail to load for nv
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 04:28:33
1 On 05/15/2010 06:31 AM, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm seeing tearing from the nv xorg driver. I think it's because the
3 > glx and dri modules are failing to load, and I think that's because
4 > I'm missing a kernel option or two. Can anyone tell me what I might
5 > be missing in the kernel for an Nvidia card?
6 >
7 > BTW, the proprietary nvidia driver works great but I'd like to get nv
8 > working too.
9
10 A bit off-topic, but nv is dead upstream (NVidia dropped it). You might
11 want to look into the Nouveau open source driver if you have hardware
12 supported by it (it even supports 3D):
13
14 http://nouveau.freedesktop.org
15
16 It's better than the crappy "nv" driver by orders of magnitude.