From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: glx & dri fail to load for nv
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 06:16:27
1 >> I'm seeing tearing from the nv xorg driver.  I think it's because the
2 >> glx and dri modules are failing to load, and I think that's because
3 >> I'm missing a kernel option or two.  Can anyone tell me what I might
4 >> be missing in the kernel for an Nvidia card?
5 >>
6 >> BTW, the proprietary nvidia driver works great but I'd like to get nv
7 >> working too.
8 >
9 > A bit off-topic, but nv is dead upstream (NVidia dropped it).  You might
10 > want to look into the Nouveau open source driver if you have hardware
11 > supported by it (it even supports 3D):
12 >
13 >  http://nouveau.freedesktop.org
14 >
15 > It's better than the crappy "nv" driver by orders of magnitude.
16
17 That's great! I'll ask the Nouveau list about VDPAU support.
18
19 - Grant