From: erdunand@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updates = slow firefox
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:10:54
1 On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 09:51:19AM -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > > And (its only my private opinion - could base on wrong facts :P) dont be
3 > > used to hal because the 1.8 xorg-server dont like it any more,
4 > > preferring udev, and future versions wouldn't probably support hal at
5 > > all.
6 > >
7 > > Lately i delete hal USE and now iam using udev - excepting auto mounting
8 > > usb stick etc.
9 >
10 > Can anyone confirm that as users we should be moving away from hal?
11 >
12 > - Grant
15 I'm using x11-base/xorg-server-1.8.0 from the x11 overlay and it doesn't
16 even have a 'hal' use flag to enable. Furthermore, there is a webpage on
17 x.org about this: http://www.x.org/wiki/XorgHAL
20 Éric Valérian DUNAND