From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot completely shut down my system from command line
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 21:28:17
1 on Tuesday 06/02/2009 Sebastian G nther(samson@××××××××××××××××.de) wrote
2 > * John covici (covici@××××××××××.com) [02.06.09 09:24]:
3 > > Hi. I am running unstable gentoo and baselayout2, however when I
4 > > shutdown my system with something like shutdown -r now -- it gets into
5 > > a state where it says
6 > > init: no more processes in this run level, but it never will restart
7 > > or shutdown if I use -h. How in the heck do I even debug such a thing
8 > > or fix?
9 > >
10 > > Thanks in advance for any good ideas.
13 > Did you enable ACPI in your kernel configuration?
14 Yep.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici