From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Quick and dirty install of google chrome binary package
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:55:31
1 On 02/07/2012 09:16 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 >
3 > On Feb 8, 2012 12:03 AM, "walt" <w41ter@×××××.com
4 > <mailto:w41ter@×××××.com>> wrote:
7 >> Now that Pandu has mentioned it, I can edit the google-chrome
8 >> ebuild to do what I want :) The part where I install the obsolete
9 >> libpng12 in the /opt/google/chrome directory instead of /usr/lib is
10 >> the part I'm not sure about.
13 > I think you can peek into libpng12's ebuild, and transfer the
14 > relevant parts (e.g. those retrieving the source and doing the
15 > compile), and adapt the installation parts.
16 >
17 > Don't forget to put your custom ebuild in your local overlay, lest
18 > emerge --sync will happily 'revert' your ebuild to what it was :-)
19
20 Thanks. I've learned something from this thread in spite of myself :p