From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual Boot Partitions
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:04:56
1 On 02/28/2011 08:25 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > On 28 February 2011 13:11, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Alright, I found a couple thing in Grub that I had wrong. 1) The
5 >> (hd0,0) for the splash should have been (hd0,2). That fixed the problem
6 >> with no Grub menu. 2) The Windows menu option was (hd0,1) and should
7 >> have been (hd0,0) for the Windows boot partition not the Window
8 >> Operating System.
9 >>
10 >> Now when I boot the Grub menu comes up and booting to Windows works.
11 >> However, I still have the same problem booting to Linux. It chokes on
12 >> /dev/sda7 which is my root partition and my real_root kernel option.
13 >
14 > Ah! Our messages crossed in the post!
15 >
16 > Check that you have compile in the kernel the fs for your root
17 > partition and that you have root (hd0,6) in your grub.conf and
18 > real_root=/dev/sda7.
22 All works now. It looks like it was in the genkernel. The only thing I
23 changed in the config file was turning off Raid like the documentation
24 said, I must have missed that. So I'm not sure what fixed it, but after
25 I recompiled it worked and in grub it was (hd0,2).
26
27 Thanks all,
28
29 dhk