From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual Boot Partitions
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:26:36
1 On 28 February 2011 13:11, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Alright, I found a couple thing in Grub that I had wrong.  1) The
4 > (hd0,0) for the splash should have been (hd0,2).  That fixed the problem
5 > with no Grub menu.  2) The Windows menu option was (hd0,1) and should
6 > have been (hd0,0) for the Windows boot partition not the Window
7 > Operating System.
8 >
9 > Now when I boot the Grub menu comes up and booting to Windows works.
10 > However, I still have the same problem booting to Linux.  It chokes on
11 > /dev/sda7 which is my root partition and my real_root kernel option.
12
13 Ah! Our messages crossed in the post!
14
15 Check that you have compile in the kernel the fs for your root
16 partition and that you have root (hd0,6) in your grub.conf and
17 real_root=/dev/sda7.
20 Regards,
21 Mick