From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnustep-base/gnustep-base-1.24.0-r1 fails to merge.....
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:16:06
1 2013/1/11 Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
2
3 > Hi people!
4 > After updating my entire "world" I have problems emergeing gnustep-base
5 > (revdep-rebuild).
8 > I get the error on the screen and I am not getting smart how to solve
9 > it, and ideas?!:
10 >
11 > checking whether objc really works... no
12 > I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
13 > working binaries! Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
14 > If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and
15 > libobjc
16 > can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
17 > with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
18 > Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
19 > configure: error: The Objective-C compiler does not work or is not
20 > installed properly.
24 Can you compile other programs?
25 If you updated gcc don't forget to switch your version with gcc-config.
28 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
29
30 Randolph Maaßen