From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] My harddisk doesn't want to spin down permanently
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:30:05
1 Hello!
2
3 I've been trying to get the standby of my harddisk work for hours. I am
4 actually really frustrated :-) . My problem is that whenever I but my
5 hdd to standby, it stays there for a few seconds and then comes back to
6 work again. So I first thought that there must be any program accessing
7 the harddisk on a regular basis. So I ran lm-profiler - but nothin'.
8 There is no program accessing my hdd.
9
10 I tried both. laptop-mode and hdparm to get my hdd to standby.
11
12 */etc/init.d/laptop-mode start (default configuration)*
13
14 and
15
16 *hdparm -S 5 /dev/sda*
17
18 I don't get any error messages. My hdd just doesn't want to spin down
19 permanently...
20
21 It's an SATA drive (/dev/sd*).
22