From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} hire a programmer or company?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 21:25:04
1 On Sun, 27 May 2012 09:53:22 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > >> I'll be getting my feet wet with this shortly.  Any other tips
5 > >> regarding the management of one or more programmers working on
6 > >> various small web projects?  Maybe workflow or any key procedures
7 > >> a newbie manager should follow?
8 > >
9 > > seriously? asking those questions? Get a company. Make it their
10 > > problem to worry about managing the bearded ones.
11 >
12 > Too flailing? How about this:
13 >
14 > 2x 8-hour days per week, or 5x 3-hour days?
15 >
16 > Specific days and a specific time of day?
17 >
18 > Should I bother with a contract for a dev working in a different
19 > country than mine? I hope to hire someone for ongoing work on various
20 > small projects, so the project itself wouldn't belong in the contract.
21 > Maybe an NDA or something, but would that make sense with each of us
22 > in a different country?
23
24 Those questions are very revealing. If you truly need to ask them, then
25 your path has already been established:
26
27 You need an existing development house with a reputation to uphold,
28 located in the same city as you.
29
30 NDAs and contracts in a different country are for all practical intents
31 and purposes unenforceable.
35 Alan McKinnnon
36 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com