From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-python sub-categories?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:48:31
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > > > So /usr/portage/dev-python is around 1500 packages. Is it time to
5 > > > create some new categories to reduce this size, or is it ok, in the
6 > > > "gentoo-way" for everything /python/ to be lumped into dev-python/?
7
8 > > I think you have asked this question on the wrong mailing list.
9 > > gentoo-dev would be more appropriate.
10 >
11 > It is rhetorical in nature:: just looking for ideas and wise guidance from
12 > some other old farts and youngsters.
13
14 Wow, we are now getting close to a portage tree /dev-python/ audit and
15 discussion?
16
17 From the gentoo-dev list::
18
19 > dev-python/configshell
20 > dev-python/rtslib
21
22 I looked at whether these should be owned by the Python team, but I
23 don't think they should be. It looks like they're low-level utilities
24 that happen to be written in Python. As such, they probably shouldn't
25 even be in dev-python.
26
27 (OH)- (S0)- close.....
28
29 Really, somebody with a bit more python expertise than me should really
30 put forward this discussion on gentoo_dev.....
33 James