From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange console font: "m" looks like small "M"
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 07:01:01
1 On 20-Oct-12 0:15, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Small letter "m" looks more like "M" reduced in size.
4 >> And small "w" looks more like small and rotated "M".
5 >
6 > If you are using openrc, it contains /etc/conf.d/consolefont and
7 > /etc/init.d/consolefont which you can use to automatically override
8 > with a font of your own choosing at each reboot.
9
10 I booted install-cd, and console font there looks normal.
11 Then I booted my system again, and console font looks ugly.
12
13 I checked /etc/conf.d/consolefont: both install-cd and my system
14 use "default8x16". The only difference was that my freshly
15 installed system did not have corresponding start-up script
16 activated. So all I had to do was:
17
18 # rc-update add consolefont boot
19
20 Now font in console looks normal. Thanks!
21
22 Jarry
26 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
27 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.