From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED - was Re: [gentoo-user] Serious problem with linode vm
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:53:58
1 On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:18:51 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > > It's unfortunate there's no tool to perform as revdep-rebuild, except
4 > > checking that, e.g. a package was built with the current CHOST or
5 > > CFLAGS set. The fact that I can run 'emerge --info $atomname' to get
6 > > the build environment for a given $atomname tells me the system has
7 > > enough information that this is possible. I simply don't know the
8 > > finer details of where all this information lurks. But if I had such
9 > > a tool, it would be of immense use to me while installing new
10 > > systems; no need to emerge -e @world...
11 >
12 > Check out /var/db/pkg/$CATEGORY/$PKGNAME/ -- there are text files
13 > containing CFLAGS, CHOST and many others. You or someone like you
14 > should be able to hack together a simple script to look for
15 > differences. :)
16
17 % source /etc/portage/make.conf
18 % for f in /var/db/pkg/*/*/CFLAGS
19 [[ $(cat $f) == $CFLAGS ]] || echo $f
20
21 It does give quite a few hits though, because ebuilds can strip out
22 flags. Of course, that in itself may be an indication that you have
23 over-ricered your CFLAGS ;-)
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants;
30 and the other is getting it. - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)