From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED - was Re: [gentoo-user] Serious problem with linode vm
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:19:23
1 On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > It's unfortunate there's no tool to perform as revdep-rebuild, except
4 > checking that, e.g. a package was built with the current CHOST or CFLAGS
5 > set. The fact that I can run 'emerge --info $atomname' to get the build
6 > environment for a given $atomname tells me the system has enough
7 > information that this is possible. I simply don't know the finer details
8 > of where all this information lurks. But if I had such a tool, it would
9 > be of immense use to me while installing new systems; no need to emerge
10 > -e @world...
11
12 Check out /var/db/pkg/$CATEGORY/$PKGNAME/ -- there are text files
13 containing CFLAGS, CHOST and many others. You or someone like you
14 should be able to hack together a simple script to look for
15 differences. :)