From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sony Viao Vista and Gentoo
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:52:55
1 Albert Hopkins <marduk <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > I've been using RIPLinux for 3 years and haven't had any issues with it.
5
6 Ok Albert,
7
8 I'm convinced. I'm going to give your suggestions a whirl.
9 One cautious step I'm adding as suggested, is to back up the
10 virgin drive with DD.
11
12 I'm looking for a cable so that I can copy the sony drive
13 onto a gentoo partition of another system via a usb 2.0 to
14 ata/eide cable.
15
16 It was suggested this cable:
17 ttp://tinyurl.com/ynhszy
18
19 But being in Florida and only being able to use the company
20 credit card over the phone, does anyone know of another cable
21 I can purchase to back up the laptop's drive? HOwfully a vendor
22 that takes visa over the phone....
23 <brain dead company policy....>
26 James
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list