From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Another hardware thread
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:47:43
1 DVI-I outputs may be converted to VGA with a simple adapter; the connector
2 at the computer contains both analog and digital signaling.
3
4 ZZ
5 On Nov 23, 2011 5:42 PM, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
6
7 > Am 2011-11-23 20:02, schrieb Michael Mol:
8 >
9 > > ISTR gcc's i7 optimizations giving someone in here trouble within the
10 > > last couple weeks. As I recall, they dropped back to march and
11 > mtune=core2.
12 >
13 > I don't expect wonders from the new compiler and its options. For now I
14 > am more constrained by the fact that the nvidia-card in that new and
15 > shiny box only has one DVI-output, so I can't attach both of my
16 > VGA-only-TFTs.
17 >
18 > This is more of a performance issue to me than some %s gained by
19 > gcc-issues, I assume.
20 >
21 > Gotta go and buy another graphics card ...
22 >
23 > Thanks anyway for sharing, I will keep the new gcc and maybe compile
24 > single pkgs for testing.
25 >
26 > Stefan