From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Another hardware thread
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:41:22
1 Am 2011-11-23 20:02, schrieb Michael Mol:
2
3 > ISTR gcc's i7 optimizations giving someone in here trouble within the
4 > last couple weeks. As I recall, they dropped back to march and mtune=core2.
5
6 I don't expect wonders from the new compiler and its options. For now I
7 am more constrained by the fact that the nvidia-card in that new and
8 shiny box only has one DVI-output, so I can't attach both of my
9 VGA-only-TFTs.
10
11 This is more of a performance issue to me than some %s gained by
12 gcc-issues, I assume.
13
14 Gotta go and buy another graphics card ...
15
16 Thanks anyway for sharing, I will keep the new gcc and maybe compile
17 single pkgs for testing.
18
19 Stefan