From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays - mask everything except a specific package?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:18:26
1 On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:23:21 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >>    I'm looking for a ways to:
5 >>
6 >> 1) List all contents of a specific overlay including version numbers.
7 >
8 > Run eix-remote update to add all layman overlays to eix's database, then
9 > you caqn use it to search specific overlays.
10 >
11 >> 2) Mask everything in an overlay except exactly what I actually want
12 >> installed.
13 >
14 > The way I do this is to layman -a the overlay but not put it in
15 > make.conf. Then I symlink only the ebuilds I want to my local overlay. By
16 > symlinking instead of copying, I automatically get updates to that
17 > package.
20 > --
21 > Neil Bothwick
24 Interesting idea Neil. Thanks.