From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:17:54
1 On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 09:01:16 PM Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:31:28 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > > I have ksnapshot in @world, so depclean didn't touch it. It
4 > > > still works fine. Spectacle and ksnapshot block each other, but if
5 > > > you unmerge spectacle you may be able to get a working ksnapshot
6 > > > back, at least for now.
7 > >
8 > > I know, had to copy a meta-ebuild ( kdegraphics-meta ) into my local
9 > > overlay and modify it to pick ksnapshot though. As the later version
10 > > only allows Spectacle.
11 >
12 > I don't use the meta packages, preferring to define my own set with the
13 > packages I want, so I wasn't aware of Spectacle. I've just tried it an is
14 > seems to do much the same as ksnapshot, just with a lot more white space
15 > in the UI
16
17 Don't forget:
18 - No auto-incrementing of screenshot-numbers
19 - Always defaults to PNG (Why!?!!?!)
20 - Always defaults to a the ~/Pictures folder
21 (Folder can be adjusted in the settings, but why not the previous one)
22 - When wanting to use "save as...", you first need to click the little triangle
25 > - but WTF do they block one another, they're only screen shot
26 > programs?
27
28 I read somewhere there is a "wrapper" included to call Spectacle when someone
29 tries to start "ksnapshot"...
30
31 > I did emerge it with USE=-kipi - why do I need that to take simple
32 > screenshots?
33
34 No clue, maybe to take screenshots when using compositing or similar?
37 Joost