From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:19:48
1 On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:17:38 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > I don't use the meta packages, preferring to define my own set with
4 > > the packages I want, so I wasn't aware of Spectacle. I've just tried
5 > > it an is seems to do much the same as ksnapshot, just with a lot more
6 > > white space in the UI
7 >
8 > Don't forget:
9 > - No auto-incrementing of screenshot-numbers
10 > - Always defaults to PNG (Why!?!!?!)
11 > - Always defaults to a the ~/Pictures folder
12 > (Folder can be adjusted in the settings, but why not the previous
13 > one)
14 > - When wanting to use "save as...", you first need to click the little
15 > triangle
16
17 OK I accept when you start to actually use it rather than just giving it
18 a try, it sucks!!
19
20 > > - but WTF do they block one another, they're only screen shot
21 > > programs?
22 >
23 > I read somewhere there is a "wrapper" included to call Spectacle when
24 > someone tries to start "ksnapshot"...
25
26 So it's a "compatibility layer" for people so stupid they shouldn't be
27 running Gentoo in the first place...
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 Death to all fanatics!