From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo-based 'filer' / GentooFiler How-To?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 09:20:00
1 On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 14:45, Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > > Is it true that tgt will replace IET?
6 >
7 > Last time someone asked that question on the IET mailing list the answer
8 > was "no". I can't find the relevant thread right now but I think the
9 > general idea was that IET concentrates on code stability (thus no
10 > inclusion in the kernel sources) and enterprise-oriented features, while
11 > STGT follows kernel development and supports lots of fancy things.
12 >
13 > Also, I think there is/was at least a partial overlap in the developers
14 > behind the two projects.
15 >
16 > > If true, are there any links/howtos/tutorial on using tgt? And tuning it?
17 >
18 > I would start from the project home page, http://stgt.sourceforge.net/
19 >
20 > HTH,
21 > andrea
24 Ahh, thanks for the explanation.
25
26 I'd go the IET route, then; I value stability over features.
27
28 Rgds,
29 --
30 Pandu E Poluan