From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo-based 'filer' / GentooFiler How-To?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:45:23
1 Hello,
2
3 > Is it true that tgt will replace IET?
4
5 Last time someone asked that question on the IET mailing list the answer
6 was "no". I can't find the relevant thread right now but I think the
7 general idea was that IET concentrates on code stability (thus no
8 inclusion in the kernel sources) and enterprise-oriented features, while
9 STGT follows kernel development and supports lots of fancy things.
10
11 Also, I think there is/was at least a partial overlap in the developers
12 behind the two projects.
13
14 > If true, are there any links/howtos/tutorial on using tgt? And tuning it?
15
16 I would start from the project home page, http://stgt.sourceforge.net/
17
18 HTH,