From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: stage3 only for i486?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:44:57
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > James is our embedded guy. No-one knows exactly what James does, but it
6 > involves teeny weeny systems with less RAM than your wristwatch, and
7 > somehow Gentoo runs on it. I think it's $MAGIC, he will say it is
8 > $SCIENCE, I won't argue.
9
10 My X would refer to me, as an interupt processor with no
11 return vector.....I'd argue it is sporadic and random, at
12 best .........
15 i486....................interesting........
16 I would point out that there has been much discussion
17 (gentoo-dev and elsewhere) bout changing the install
18 manuals to system-rescue based. Over the years the installation
19 options have mutiplied, to say the least. It seems everybody
20 has there own approach. Gentoo is like golf:
21 eventually everybody sinks the putt....... nobody (sane) keeps score!
22
23 > > Alan McKinnon
24
25 Cheers!