From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrecord fails to burn dvd
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:37:52
1 José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello.
4 >
5 > Burning dvds with Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 on my Dell
6 > Vostro 1510 notebook is always failing.
7 >
8 > The device is identified as TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC and can write at 8x
9 > speed.
10 >
11 > The process starts and reports writing at 14.5x, but the media is not
12 > burnt. cdrecord reaches but does not finish the fixation stage. It
13 > reports an average write speed of 14.3x. When I manage to stop the
14 > process (by rebooting the computer), I see the media has not been burnt
15 > and it is not ruined. It can be reused.
16 >
17 > With cdrkit, cdrecord finishes (after using different speeds, as 2x, 1x,
18 > 4x, 6x e 20x), but when reading the disc an input/output error is
19 > reported.
20
21 wodim is known for not being able to support DVDs.
22
23 If you like to get help with cdrecord, I recommend you to first send information
24 and log files about your problem.
25
26 I need the following:
27
28 The version number of cdrecord that caused the bug.
29 The command line that was used for the failing command.
30 The complete output (including error messages) from 'cdrecord -v ...' (use
31 "script" to fetch the output)
32 Probably the important part of the 'cdrecord -V' output if we agreed on it
33 The OS name, release and hardware (processor)
34 Special conditions of your environment (libc vers. SCSI transport ...)
35 Sufficient information on the media used. This is at least the ATIP data, a
36 note to CD-R/CD-RW and information on the state and the case history of this
37 media.
38
39 If cdrecord reports a higher speed than possible, I would guess that the Linux
40 kernel does not set up DMA correctly.
41
42 Jörg
45 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
46 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)