From: "José Romildo Malaquias" <j.romildo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cdrecord fails to burn dvd
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:59:50
1 Hello.
2
3 Burning dvds with Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a67 on my Dell
4 Vostro 1510 notebook is always failing.
5
6 The device is identified as TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC and can write at 8x
7 speed.
8
9 The process starts and reports writing at 14.5x, but the media is not
10 burnt. cdrecord reaches but does not finish the fixation stage. It
11 reports an average write speed of 14.3x. When I manage to stop the
12 process (by rebooting the computer), I see the media has not been burnt
13 and it is not ruined. It can be reused.
14
15 With cdrkit, cdrecord finishes (after using different speeds, as 2x, 1x,
16 4x, 6x e 20x), but when reading the disc an input/output error is
17 reported.
18
19 With Nero Linux I can burn dvd discs without problems, though.
20
21 When I bought this notebook in january and first installed gentoo,
22 cdrecord used to work. Then at some point ago (probably after some
23 update) it has stopped working with the behaviour I have described
24 above. But by then I did not have the time to investigate, and keep
25 using only Nero, which continues to work well. Today I decided to
26 investigate a little more the problem, but could not reach to any
27 conclusions.
28
29 Any clues?
30