From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:16:35
1 Dale wrote:
2 > [...]
3 > I would assume I don't have evdev here. Since I asked equery for
4 > anything with dev in it, it should have listed it if it was installed.
5 > That is why I ask if there was something new. I can't say that I have
6 > ever heard of evdev before.
7
8 For X, it's the x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev package. The driver uses
9 the in-kernel "event interface" driver for keyboard and mouse. It's in
10 "Device Drivers->Input device support->Event interface". You need to
11 configure it in xorg.conf to use it.
12
13 So in other words, you don't have it ;)