From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:24:50
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> [...]
4 >> I would assume I don't have evdev here. Since I asked equery for
5 >> anything with dev in it, it should have listed it if it was
6 >> installed. That is why I ask if there was something new. I can't say
7 >> that I have
8 >> ever heard of evdev before.
9 >
10 > For X, it's the x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev package. The driver uses
11 > the in-kernel "event interface" driver for keyboard and mouse. It's
12 > in "Device Drivers->Input device support->Event interface". You need
13 > to configure it in xorg.conf to use it.
14 >
15 > So in other words, you don't have it ;)
20 Is this required for the new kernels? If not, why does it work in the
21 old ones and not the new ones? Why is something not informing us it is
22 needed would be a good question as well. I'll make sure the new kernel
23 has that tho when I test it. Just in case.
24
25 Dale
26