From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] REQ: net-wireless/linux-wlan-ng default to +pcmcia
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:28:03
1 Daevid Vincent wrote:
2
3 >Then after staring at the ebuild line I realized much to my astonishment
4 >that it is set to "-pcmcia". WTF?! This seems to me absurd. 90% of the
5 >wireless cards out there are PCMCIA. So I had to edit my
9 I think you have gotten 16-bit legacy PCMCIA and 32-bit Cardbus
10 confused. For laptop wireless cards, all of the cards sold today, and I
11 would guess that 99% of all cards _in use_, are 32-bit cardbus, which do
12 not require pcmcia-cs or the pcmcia tools.
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list