From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] REQ: net-wireless/linux-wlan-ng default to +pcmcia
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:44:39
1 All I know is that without the USE="pcmcia" the little card that I shove in
2 the side of my notebook didn't get a module installed... ;-)
3
4 > -----Original Message-----
5 > From: Richard Fish [mailto:bigfish@××××××××××.org]
6 > Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 4:24 AM
7 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] REQ: net-wireless/linux-wlan-ng
9 > default to +pcmcia
10 >
11 > Daevid Vincent wrote:
12 >
13 > >Then after staring at the ebuild line I realized much to my
14 > astonishment
15 > >that it is set to "-pcmcia". WTF?! This seems to me absurd.
16 > 90% of the
17 > >wireless cards out there are PCMCIA. So I had to edit my
21 > I think you have gotten 16-bit legacy PCMCIA and 32-bit Cardbus
22 > confused. For laptop wireless cards, all of the cards sold
23 > today, and I
24 > would guess that 99% of all cards _in use_, are 32-bit
25 > cardbus, which do
26 > not require pcmcia-cs or the pcmcia tools.
27 >
28 > -Richard
29 >
30 > --