From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unclear (to me) errors from portage
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:38:58
1 On 12/08/2014 07:43, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >> Plus, I refuse under any circumstances to run Gentoo on production
3 >> > unless it's backed by a huge build farm or I have a large cluster that
4 >> > are all identical and have very special needs.
5 > I use Gentoo exclusively on the servers and desktops at home. I find it easier
6 > and more logical to maintain.
7 > I do have a VM dedicated to building binary packages though.
11 I just got really tired of eternally being The Only One In The Place Who
12 Knows Gentoo(tm) and who doesn't blindly "emerge -uND world" on a remote
13 box then walk away....
14
15 At least with apt and yum juniors can be trained fairly quickly to do
16 reliable world updates safely. This keeps the boss off my neck. That
17 makes me happy.
18
19 On my personal servers and laptops, it will take on the order of atomic
20 warfare to make me give up my beloved Gentoo there :-)
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com