From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excessive processor usage
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:00:06
1 Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:30:01 +0200 "Xav'" <blackhawk@××××××××.fr> wrote:
5 >
6 >> If you want to check there is no such program on your system, I
7 >> advice you to try chkrootkit, to check there is no such rootkit on
8 >> your system...
9 >
10 > To put it correctly, since there is _NO_ way to assure that there isn't
11 > a rootkit:
12 >
13 > chkrootkit can be used to check whether there _are_ _known_ rootkits.
14 >
15 > BTW, there are other, similar programs that do the same.
16 > But my point is: You can never be sure, since a hypothesis can't be
17 > proven correct, just invalid.
18 >
19 > If there are indications a rootkit might be present, there's no secure
20 > way to remove it but to reinstall.
21 >
22 > -hwh
25 Hans, Xav, Thank You both, ran the root kit check no problems.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list