From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] about grub
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:16:51
1 On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:41:05 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > > The alternative would
4 > > be to use a separate /boot and mess around with initramfs images to
5 > > load / from LVM, which is extra hassle and another potential point of
6 > > failure.
7 >
8 > Want my scripts? ;-)
9
10 I'd be interested to see them, although I like the idea of not depending
11 on an initrd. As I no longer run a separate /boot, it wouldn't reduce my
12 partition count either.
13
14 > > > Why not put swap on LV also?
15 > >
16 > > No major reason, but it means I still have swap available when booting
17 > > in single mode without LVM.
18 >
19 > AFAIK LV's are available in single mode.
20 >
21 > > I suppose it would be tidier to put swap on LVM too.
22 >
23 > In the end, it's a matter of personal taste, I guess. I like to have it
24 > as flexible as possible. :-)
25
26 It's not something I'd really given any thought. Now you mention it, I'd
27 probably put swap on LVM next time.
28
29 Still, my current setup means I can expand / by switching swap to LVM
30 and adding the space to / :)
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 Does fuzzy logic tickle?