From: Bartosz Szatkowski <bulislaw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT:Choosing a filesystem
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:20:46
1 Its kind of tricky question :) and if You look closely You could find
2 som flames about it :P
3
4 Iam using ReiserFS for my root and xfs for the rest and testing btrfs.
5 I never gets any problem with "broken partition table" etc. (and i
6 experienced several "quick power downs").
7
8 But reiserfs have some problems with bkl etc and i am not sure if its
9 still "main line active" because of developing raiser4. In some reviews
10 You can find that its eats more cpu time too.
11
12 btrfs could be very nice but its not stable yet (or maybe not for real
13 use :P)
14
15 Maybe someone could share experience about ext4 - iam using it on my g1
16 but its hard to say anything ...
19 Pozdrawiam,
20 Bartosz Szatkowski
21
22 You must exorcise any evil proprietary operating systems that possess
23 any of the computers under your control, and then install a wholly/holy
24 free operating system, and then only install Free Software on top of
25 that.