From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT:Choosing a filesystem
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:48:10
1 Hi,
2
3 I googled down some - often fairly outdated - texts about "the
4 best filesystem" fpr a Linux box. Other texts focussed on
5 uses, which do not aplly to me: Fileservers, webservers, database
6 machines etc.
7
8 Wnat I want is a fast and stable (!) filesystem for a desktop PC
9 with one 1TByte harddisk. Since using Gentoo and a lot of sources
10 I do compile very often "bigger things" (blender-2.50 for example).
11 Another thing: Due to my experimenting it is possible that I have to
12 reboot "hard", which means, the filesystem will be unmounted not
13 cleanly ("dirty" do to say...;) The choosen filesystem should be
14 good in recovering such thing.
15
16 I am currently using a vanilla 2.6.32.10 kernel.
17
18 The question, what remains is: What choose should I make?
19
20 I thank you very much in advance for any help!
21 Best regards,
22 mcc
27 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
28 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
29 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
30 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.