From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Add in cards?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:55:18
1 On Sunday 05 December 2004 17:31, Mike Williams wrote:
2 > On Sunday 05 December 2004 16:22, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > > as long as you are not using via-boards, you should be fine.
4 > > >
5 > > > btw, aren't the promise-drivers closed source?
6 > >
7 > > There is no fundamental problem that makes Promise cards fail on Via
8 > > boards. I use them together under Windows and Linux.
9 >
10 > Drivers have also been in all stock kernels for *years*.
11 > Never had to look to Promise for drivers for their cards, so don't know if
12 > they have written their own.
13
14 that is nice to know. hm but their raid-drivers are closed, aren't they?
15
16 If I have a look at the promise-website I find a lot of downloadable drivers
17 for SuSE and RedHat, does not look much like 'in kernel'
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list