From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest 4.9 kernels broken?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:57:04
1 On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:54 AM Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2018-06-12 08:23, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
4 >
5 > > Looks like I'd have to build kernel 4.9.107 in an environment
6 > > resembling yours to try and reproduce the behavior in question.
7 > > What is the version of kmods you have installed on your system?
8 > > What's the output of 'emerge --info'?
9 >
10 > https://gist.github.com/nobrowser/314da0f994ce134e3d554cc4cfed266e
11 >
12 > BTW, why are you so interested in this? It seems to me to be purely a
13 > kernel/kernel tools problem. What is the gentoo angle?
14 >
15 > Of course I'm not complaining that you're trying to help - thanks a lot.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 > if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 > To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
21 > which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.
24 I do programming for a living with an interest in kernel programming.
25 I'm not a Gentoo developer and I'm not doing this on behalf of the
26 Gentoo Foundation.
27 I was just l curious to find out what could have caused the issue
28 you're having and if possible to try and come up with a fix.
29
30 I can't promise I will be able to fix this for you. Chances are, the
31 next kmods and/or kernel upgrade will have fixed this for you.
32
33 Any reason you're trying to load those modules by hand rather then
34 have them loaded for you automatically?
35 Did dmesg have any more info on the failing modules?